Listening to the body when it whispers secrets to you about its pain will keep you away from hearing its scream. Our body keeps talking with us continually complaining about the pains it experiences from time to time. Most of the time, we fail to listen to our body complicating things for it as well as for ourselves. So what is Creatine? What are its pros and cons? Is one of the Cons Acne? Does Creatine cause Acne? If yes how? Before understanding, if Creatine causes Acne, let us see how energy is produced in the human body and what Creatine is all about.
Creatine Cause Acne!
Only when we feel deprived of energy, so we tend to notice that something is wrong with us. By then, our body loses its strength to fight back ailments and give up. This is when we get admitted to hospitals to take treatment and set right our bodies from the damage it has experienced.
The human body continually needs energy to perform various chores in life in a perfect manner. Our day to day chores makes us drained of energy. Even physical exercises that are strenuous in nature cause drain our energy levels to a great extent. The human body contains many chemicals and components that act as a source of energy. One such source of energy that is generated naturally by our body is Creatine. Creatine acts as one of the best energy generators in humans. Every aspect of life has its own positives and negatives so does Creatine.
How is Energy Created in the Human Body?
The human body is made up of thousands of cells. These cells require energy to make the body perform various kinds of tasks. The primary source from which body cells get their energy is what is termed as Adenosine Triphosphate.
ATP, as it is termed in common, Adenosine Triphosphate gets utilized by the body whenever you are involved in any type of activity like exercising. ATP gets reduced into a byproduct named Adenosine Diphosphate due to exercises and other routines.
Adenosine Diphosphate is termed as ADP technically. Creatine is the component that turns Adenosine Diphosphate (ADP) into Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) creating energy in the human body.
What Exactly is Creatine?
Creatine is one of the natural substances produced in the human body. Creatine, in particular, is produced by the Liver and Kidney. The Creatine produced by the Liver and Kidney gets stored in our skeletal muscles. Many people suffer from the non-production of Creatine in their body naturally. The medical field has found many solutions in the form of supplements to compensate for the lack of Creatine production.
People who eat non-vegetarians get their Creatine content when they consume Fish and Meat in adequate quantities. People who do not eat non-vegetarian food items opt for medical supplements to compensate lack of production of Creatine by nature in their bodies. Such Creatine supplements are generally consumed in the form of Powders, Capsules, and Caplets.
Now that we have understood the basis of energy in the human body and what Creatine is all about to let us now see if Creatine really causes Acne.
Does Creatine cause Acne?
There are many reasons why Acne is caused when Creatine is consumed. Let us see the same one by one.
- Testosterone is one of the essential hormones produced by the human body. When Creatine is consumed regularly, Testosterone hormones are created abundantly. When high levels of Testosterone hormones are produced, the quantity of Sebum oil produced on the surface of the skin goes high. Increased generation of Sebum oil tends to block the sweat glands and pores on the surface of the skin. When this continues for a prolonged period of time, the skin suffers from various conditions one among the same being Acne.
- Regular consumption of Creatine causes increases the Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hormone levels in the human body. This is the hormone that has been identified as the prime culprit for balding and hair loss in men for many years now. Hair loss happens when the roots on the surface of the skin get affected. Dihydrotestosterone hormone thus has a history of affecting the surface of the skin which leads to Acne in many.
- Creatine consumption fosters IGF-1 in the human body. IGF-1 is actually a growth that is very similar to Insulin. Insulin is yet another hormone naturally produced by the Pancreas in the human body. Insulin hormone, no doubt is responsible for converting the sugar consumed by humans into energy. However, when the Insulin hormone levels go up in dosage due to regular consumption of Creatine, Acne is caused on the surface of the skin. The growth of IGF-1 that is highly similar to Insulin is responsible for stimulating the Sebocytes which in turn increases the Sebum oil production on the surface of the skin. Excess Sebum oil accumulated on the surface of the skin causes many issues including but not limited to Acne
- These Drink that sports people consume for their energy requirement may cause Acne not because of the creatine content in the same. Sports Drinks usually contains high levels of Sugar. When they consume such drinks, increased sugar levels can cause breakouts on the surface of the skin. One such break out is Acne.
- One of the primary functions of Creatine is to route the water content in your body into your muscles. This water content flushes out the bacteria and toxins in the body. While the toxins and bacteria get out of your body, water also tends to get out. This makes your skin dried up.
- When we workout or exercise in a strenuous manner, the sweat that is released. The impurities in the sweat block the hair follicles on the surface of the skin. This, in turn, infects the pores causing Acne.
Now, answering the fundamental question we started with, Does Creatine cause Acne, – it is ‘Yes, but in an indirect manner. When enough precautions are taken consciously, Creatine can be more beneficial and less harmful to human health.