These days, our lifestyle has become very hectic and it is difficult to maintain a healthy work-life balance. The number of working women percentage is increasing every day and we see them juggle things between work, doing the laundry, taking care of their children, parents, and pets, making healthy food and what not!
Amidst this chaos of life, women neither have the time nor a chance to take care of themselves. The busy life and the aging together will greatly reflect on your skin and your body. Hence we bring to you simple and effective home remedies and lifestyle habits that will help you get rid of dull skin.
1. Keep yourself Hydrated
Water is crucial to helping our skin look amazing. It flushes out all the toxins and wastes from the body to make it work more effectively and give your skin a natural glow. It is essential to have at least 6 to 8 liters of water every day to stay hydrated.
When you don’t drink water, your throat isn’t the only one crying out for some water. Water is essential to maintain the optimum skin moisture and deliver essential nutrients to the skin cells. It replenishes the skin tissue and increases its elasticity.
This helps delay the appearance of signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines. It is a perfect replacement for your expensive anti-aging treatments. It keeps the skin well hydrated and glistening, thereby, enhancing the glow of your skin.
Exfoliating your skin is vital and it should be a mandatory routine in your skincare regime. It is important to exfoliate your skin with a good scrub. This helps in getting rid of the dead skin cells. You must scrub your face at least once a week.
Keep in mind that you cannot just scrub away the dull skin. Though it is imperative that you exfoliate at least once a week, make sure you are not too harsh on your skin. Make sure that you use a natural scrub and are applying only light pressure and are being gentle on your skin.
Exfoliating is good for your skin, but if done too often, it will also be taking away some of the good stuff with it.
Drinking water is great for hydrating your skin, but make sure you lock in that moisture with some hydrating products. Applying moisturizer right after a bath is the most effective and works best for all skin types. Regular moisturizing will make your skin glowing and full of life.
4. What you eat matters!
Watch out for the food you eat because it plays a vital role in a healthy body and skin. Eating right is important as foods rich in fiber content, anti-oxidants, vitamin A and vitamin C will help maintain a healthy, soft and supple skin. Ditch those fast foods and supplement them with a healthy and nutritious diet. Alas, you are what you eat!
5. Sleep like a Baby
Getting proper sleep is essential to maintaining your body health and skin. It is vital that you get at least 8 hours of sleep every day. It helps in maintaining your hormonal balance and rejuvenating your skin.
All the beauty treatments and the remedies will go down the drain if you do not have proper rest. Your exhaustion will reflect on your skin and makes it look dull and lifeless. Forget Hence it is important that you all the worries and get proper rest every day.
6. Fight that Stress
Stress plays a major role in maintaining skin health. Your skin tends to look dull when you are stressed because stress causes an increase in cortisol, which can affect blood flow to the skin and skin repair. Hence kick that stress out to have beautiful glowing skin.
Exercising will make your skin so healthy that it will look soft and supple. When you exercise, you breathe hard and sweat profusely. Not only face, but your whole body will also glow. The skin tone will become even and flawless.
Exercising dilates the pores and sweat expels the trapped dirt and oil from skin, making the skin look bright and supple. When you exercise, your skin opens up from inside and allow more blood to reach the skin’s surface.
This helps to deliver the essential nutrients down your skin and helps to repair damage from the sun and pollution. These nutrients also help to prevent aging and take the age off from your face.
8. Remove your Makeup
We all have our own makeup regime that we religiously follow. It does not matter if you wear makeup daily or get dolled up only for occasions and festivities. What matters is you should make sure to remove it every time before you go to sleep.
Sleeping with makeup will make your skin flaky, dull and lifeless. So it is imperative that you remove your makeup every day before you go to bed or all your other beauty regimes down the drain.
Most of us start to put layers of makeup to cover the dullness of the skin without knowing that we are damaging our skin even more. One cannot wear makeup all the time, hence covering your dull skin under layers of makeup is never a solution. A dull skin comes to life, only when we provide nourishment to the skin. Here are some home remedies, scrubs, and packs that will help you in getting rid of the dull skin.
9. Lemon & Skin remedy:
Lemon is a very powerful ingredient to get rid of dull skin. Lemon juice is a source of citric acid, which helps to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells and help to achieve a glowing complexion. The high amount of vitamin C in lemon juice can lighten and brighten the complexion effectively.
The antioxidant properties of vitamin C protect our skin from damages caused by free radicals. Vitamin C helps in removing the impurities from the skin and boosting new cell growth, which makes the skin healthy.
- Take a tbsp of powdered sugar and add a few drops of lemon juice to it. Mix together and massage the mixture on your face for a few
- Wash it off with lukewarm water. Reapply twice in a week.
- Make a face pack by mixing together one tbsp lemon juice and one tsp each of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder.
- Apply the pack on the face and wait for 20-30 minutes before rinsing off with fresh water. Repeat once or twice in a week.
- Mix lemon juice and honey in 1:2 ratio. Apply the mixture on the face and massage in circular motions. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes on the skin and then wash off with fresh water. Repeat this home remedies to get rid of dull skin every day. This is a great face wash to remove impurities and dullness from the skin.
10. Aloe Vera & Skin remedy
Aloe Vera can rejuvenate the skin as well as also hydrate it without any oiliness. It comes with cooling, soothing, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which work together to make the skin healthy and glowing.
It also has amazing moisturizing properties, which can remove the dullness caused by dry skin. Powerful astringent properties of aloe vera help to remove excess oil from the skin, which is often a major cause of dullness. Also, aloe vera is a natural antioxidant that helps to repair and prevent oxidative damage of the skin cells done by free radicals.
- Take two tbsp aloe vera gel and add some uncooked oatmeal powder to that. Also, add the required amount of rose water and mix together to prepare a paste.
- Apply it on the face and massage gently for 3-5 minutes. Wash off with fresh water and repeat twice in a week.
- Combine together one tbsp fresh aloe vera gel, one tsp turmeric powder, and some rose water. Apply the resultant paste on the face and keep it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with fresh water. Reapply this home remedies to get rid of dull skin twice in a week.
- Prepare a cleanser by mixing one tsp each of aloe vera gel and honey along with few drops of lemon juice. Apply it on the face, massage in circular motions and then keep it on for 2-4 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Repeat this home remedies to get rid of dull skin daily.
11. Sugar Scrubs
Sugar is known as one of the best natural sources of glycolic acid. It helps in dissolving the layer of dead skin cells, remove them and unveil glowing, healthy skin underneath. Also, glycolic acid works wonderfully to repair the signs of premature aging of the skin.
- Mix together one tbsp sugar, two tbsp of orange juice and also two tsp of lemon juice. Apply it on the face. Massage the face to exfoliate your skin.
- Once the sugar granules start to dissolve, stop and wash the face with fresh water. Follow up with a moisturizer. Repeat twice in a week.
- Combining the skin brightening effect of lemon juice, orange juice as well as sugar, this definitely is one of the best home remedies to get rid of dull skin.
- Take one tomato, grate and extract the juice from grated tomato. Add 2 tbsp sugar to the tomato juice and mix together.
- Apply it on the face and massage gently in circular motion until the sugar granules start to dissolve. Wash your face with fresh, cool water and reapply this sugar scrub twice in a week.
- Here is another simple sugar scrub recipe to get rid of the dullness of the skin. Simply mix together some sugar as well as olive oil, and exfoliate your face with the resultant mixture. Massage for 3-4 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm
With each passing day, women are proving that nothing is impossible for them to achieve in this world. However, it is equally important for us to take a little time off our busy schedule in order to take care of ourselves. After all, a little pampering does no harm!
- Did you know that the skin is the largest organ of your body?
- Exfoliating too much will make your skin sensitive. So go easy on exfoliation.
- Deep breathing helps in releasing stress and keeps us calm. It is best practiced in a clean atmosphere filled with fresh air.